There are surgical ways available that can help to get relieve common eye defects such as myopia, hypermetropia, etc.
According to doctors and recent studies, it is seen that LASIK treatment done on both eyes is more effective than when it is done separately. So, yes, LASIK surgery can be performed on both eyes simultaneously.
However, sometimes the doctor may advise first to do LASIK on one eye and see how your eye handles the surgery before moving on to the next eye. It generally helps in looking at the effectiveness of the surgery on the eye. Also, it is beneficial in correcting the eye defect, Presbyopia.
• Who are in their early 20s or younger
• Who are pregnant or breastfeeding
• Who has had a change in vision prescription in the past year
• Who have fluctuating hormones due to diseases like diabetes
• Who takes certain drugs
• Who have health conditions such as autoimmune diseases
• Who actively participates in contact sports
And for the betterment of your eyes’ health, you must take good care of your eyes post-LASIK treatment. Things that you should mind are-
- First of all, follow your doctor’s instructions. Take your medicines on time.
- Apply the prescribed eye drops to lubricate your eyes and avoid dryness.
- Wear safety goggles in a dusty environment to prevent dust or dirt from entering your eyes.
- Wear Sunglasses whenever you are outside
- Eat foods that are healthy for your eyes, like, seafood, nuts, etc.
- Avoid driving or stressing your eyes for at least two days after the LASIK treatment.
- Do not rub or touch your eyes
- And most importantly, give your eyes enough time and rest to recover from the surgery.
If you are going for LASIK in Delhi, you should also look for the risks and complications that may arise post-surgery,
- Irregular Astigmatism
- Epithelial Ingrowth
- Corneal Ectasia
- Dry eyes
If you face any of these complications, you are to contact your doctor immediately. It is also recommended to check your eyes regularly after the treatment to avoid these risks.
Overall, LASIK surgical treatment is a valuable treatment option for eye defects. Still, regression remains a concern due to the cornea’s natural healing response to fill in the ablated tissues, resulting in some loss of efficiency over time.
To find out if LASIK eye surgery may be a useful treatment option for you or not, ask your doctor if you might be a good candidate. Also, it would be best if you were sure to mention any pre-existing medical conditions and any over-the-counter or prescription medications you are taking.