Creativity is one of nature’s most precious gifts. People express their creativity in many different ways. Some do it by singing, some make paintings, while others write.
Both artists and writers often need help with a problem called the creative block. During this phase, they find it difficult to do what they love the most. Writers cannot find words to write, and painters cannot catch mental images to draw. This condition can be very frustrating.
If you, too, have to tackle such a situation now and then, keep reading the article. It will tell you about some effective yoga poses that can break your creative block.
5 Poses for Beating Creative Block
Creative block is one of the most annoying conditions every writer or artist has to face at some point. It becomes more maddening when their passion serves as their profession. However, there is a solution to this issue. You can beat creative block by practicing the following yoga poses:
1. Pigeon Pose
There are different ways to do the pigeon pose. One method is described below:
- Stand up, keeping a distance between your feet and arms on both sides of the body
- Strike a standing forward bend, keeping the spine straight
- Bring your right leg in front and keep the left one behind
- Locate the left knee on your yoga mat while your foot facing the ceiling
- Place both your palms on your shins or mat
- Lift your chest, elongating the spine
- Stay in the same position for 30 seconds or one minute
The pigeon pose is famously regarded as the hip opener. By stretching your hips, it releases negative energy and enhances creative energy. You can join yoga studio Dubai to execute the pigeon pose effectively, awakening your inner creativity.
2. Eagle Pose
The given instructions will help you do the eagle pose:
- Stand up and bring your feet together. Distance between the feet must not exceed four to six inches
- Slightly bend your knees
- Cross your right thigh over the left one, shifting your weight on the left leg
- In a similar fashion, make a cross between your left and right elbows, bringing your palms together
- Adopt the chair pose, hugging your legs together and bringing your elbows to a shoulder height
This pose is particularly suitable for people who feel tension in their shoulders and necks. The eagle pose is often associated with creative thinking and intuition. Therefore, it can prove productive in terms of breaking your creative block, especially with the guidance of a skilled neck pain osteopath who can help alleviate any discomfort and provide additional support for a more effective practice.
Read also: Tips For Improving Your Nutrition and Health
The most famous pose of yoga, headstand, can be executed in the following way:
- Adopt a tabletop position on your yoga mat
- Cross your hands together, lacing your fingers, and place your head down the mat
- The back of your head must be rested in your palms
- Lift both your knees in a way that your buttock should be in the air
- Drag your feet towards your head
- Being on your tippy toes, lift both your legs up
Along with bringing extra nutrients and oxygen to the brain, this amazing pose stimulates creativity. This is the most widely used yoga pose when creative people try to find answers.
It is considered instrumental in awakening your inner spirituality. This way, it helps increase clarity, intuition, and vision. In fact, headstand has long been held as a brainstorming technique to generate ideas and solve problems.
4. Camel Pose
Another amazing pose to break your creative block and bring forward innovation is the camel pose. At a glance, it might seem difficult to you. However, if correctly done, it is as easy as described in the instructions below:
- Keep hip-width distance between your legs and stand on your knees
- Locate your hands on the hip, placing your thumbs on your spine base
- Squeeze inner thighs together, creating tension
- Pull the elbows together, raising the torso and inhaling
- Rest the palms of your hands on the heels of your feet
- Move your head back until you can look at the ceiling
The camel pose is considered instrumental in opening your shoulder, throat, and neck areas. In this way, it releases stress and opens the doors for your creative energy to be released.
Read also: Health Benefits Associated With Super Foods
5. Half Moon Pose
You can do the half-moon pose in the following way:
- Place your right leg forward, bending the right knee and bringing your left hand to the hip
- Locate your right hand on the floor in front of the right foot
- Straighten the right leg and lift your left foot above the floor
- Stack your left hip point above your right hip point
- Parallel to the floor, straighten your left leg
- Open your chest and bring the left arm towards the ceiling
- Turn your head, gazing at your left fingertips
This pose sparks creativity by bringing balance and a sense of peace. You can join Yoga Studio Dubai to do the half-moon pose more efficiently, breaking your creative block.
Do You Want to Beat Creative Block Using Yoga?
Yoga is the most effective way to break your creative block. Try the above poses to see the wonder. Contact a certified yoga trainer now to get started on your creative work again, using yoga.