Oft called one of the best hill stations in the country, Munnar has huge tea plantations, hilly terrains as well as breathtaking nature and flora that could make anyone feel at right at home in the hill town. There’s many things to explore and do in Munnar that even a week’s stay will not be enough.
The best time to visit Munnar is from June to September. If you’re an enthusiast of monsoons, Munnar is the best place to go for your trip during the monsoon. Munnar is always at the most sought-after destination in Kerala tourism.
It is considered to be as one of the most tranquil spots for a peaceful holiday; Munnar is a dream for the majority of Indians. The tea plantations that run across the fog as well as the breathtaking landscapes offer a unique experience of nature. This is the reason we’ve listed the most visited locations to visit in Munnar during your Kerala journey through thrillophilia.com.
Table of Contents
- 1. Create your tea at the Tata Tea Museum
- 2. Kolukkumalai Tea Estate:
- 3. Walk around the viewpoint of Pothamedu.
- 4. Take in the beauty of Top Station
- 5. Go for a hike up to Lockhart Gap
1. You can make your own tea at the Tata Tea Museum
The museum is about 12 km away from Munnar situated at Nallathanni Estate; Tata Tea Museum is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Munnar.Munnar is home to an estate which is among the finest anywhere in the world. Tea Estates. Tata Tea is among the most popular. Tata Tea is also the second-largest manufacturer and retailer of tea.
It is one of the best tea estates to have a memorable trip to Munnar and has stunning views from where it is located.
- The charges to visit the site are as the following: adults: Rs.75 and children: 35 rupees. 35 Cameras: Rs.20; Tea Tasting: Rs.10
- The distance to Cochin International Airport: It’s about 121 to 122 kilometers to Cochin International Airport. Cochin International Airport.
- The ideal time to travel: December through February is the best time to travel.
2. Kolukkumalai Tea Estate:
It is one of the most highly recommended places to go to in Munnar for tea enthusiasts
Do you think you could go without tea? Munnar is the best place to be. It’s the perfect place to go for tea enthusiasts. It is recognized for being among the top famous tea plantations in existence. Kolukkumalai Tea Estate is renowned for its diverse tea varieties.
Tourists are able to sample the many varieties of tea, and purchase new tea in the shops of the manufacturer. Also, you can admire the magnificent views of Kodaikanal and the sunset from the Kolukkumalai tea estate.
- From the Distance to the Airport: It’s about 132-133 km away from Cochin International Airport. Cochin International Airport.
- The ideal moment to go is around sunset.
3. Walk around the viewpoint of Pothamedu.
Just 6 kilometers of Munnar, Pothamedu View Point is filled with coffee, tea, cardamom along with coffee and tea plantations. Pothamedu is situated in the middle of mountains and hills which are green. It is the perfect spot for trekkers and hikers to feel the adrenaline rush. It is one of the more well-known places to visit in Munnar, Pothamedu View Point is an ideal place to relax or take a stroll.
- from the Airport Distance There are 108 to 109 km away from Cochin International Airport.
- The most ideal time to visit is during sunset. The view from this location at sunset is stunning.
4. Experience the magnificence of Top Station
It is located at 1300 meters over Sea level. Top Station is the highest place in Munnar. It is located on the Kannan Devan Hills. The tea valleys are uncommon in Neelakurinji plant species in Top Station.
- The distance to Cochin International Airport is approximately 144-145 kilometers to Cochin International Airport. Cochin International Airport.
- The ideal time to go on a trip is winter. The winter months are the best time to climb to the highest point.
5. Go for a hike up to Lockhart Gap
A popular places to visit in Munnar for trekkers. It’s located 13 kilometers away From Munnar; Lockhart Gap is one of the most famous tourist destinations in Munnar. Lockhart Gap is the perfect location for those who enjoy its lush green valleys and cooling breeze. This is due to the fact that Lockhart Gap is a part of Munnar the region that is the home of huge tea estates. Lockhart Gap is also an perfect spot for hiking or mountaineering. It is possible to see an extraordinary variety of wildlife and flora on hikes.